Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

I read things like this about our current governor, and I seriously think I should have voted for Alan Keyes in the last gubernatorial election. Blago uses the state treasury like his personal piggy bank, and then spanks critical functions of the state government with smaller budgets.

Keyes is a whackadoodledoo, but he'd be a far sight better than Blago.

Argh! This makes me crazy.
_____

See the Top 100 Female Bloggers of 2008 here. Lots and lots of good reading.
_____

Neil Steinberg hits it out of the park with his assessment of Jesse Jackson:
Dreams die hard and dreams of power die even harder. The old guard seldom quietly departs, and it was too much to hope that Jackson could age gracefully into an elder statesman for the black community. Rather, he seems set on becoming the crazy uncle in the attic, the guy you can't introduce to your friends, because he has evil thoughts and a dirty mouth.
I've been aware for many years that the man had a potty mouth and an enormous ego, as I saw Jesse throw a hissy fit at a Bulls game during the era of their supremacy. Someone had donated seats three rows in front of where I was sitting, up in the nosebleed section, for use of JJ and his band of goons and thugs. The great man took one look down his nose, found the seats and location wanting, and pitched an f-bomb laden tantrum that must have been heard several blocks away.

A couple of his goons went scurrying off, found someone in security who, in turn, found someone in management to pull some strings and get temper boy seats down on the main floor, directly behind the Bulls bench.

By the time they reached their seats, JJ was talking, laughing and acting as charming as can be.

I was not impressed then, and I'm certainly not surprised now.
_____

Giggle of the Day (because I really, really needed one):

cat
more cat pictures
Leslie

No comments: