Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Move complete. Body, mind and soul exhausted, so here are some quick, quick thoughts:

-- Is it me, or does this picture appear to be totally Photoshopped?

-- I really, really don't like the fact that the first joint Obama/McCain joint campaign appearance is taking place at a church. That's just wrong on every level.

-- If this doesn't squick you out, I don't know what will. *Shudder*

-- Not only do I not want the state to give this church money, I want them to get the misdirected funds they were originally promised back in state coffers, as well. This is not tax-payer business. This is church-goer business.

-- He's back!
ME: . . . . . I'm sorry, I'm kinda reeling in shock here. You are actually admitting that you ran away without paying last time, and you STILL think I'm going to send you a cab?
GUY: I didn't have any money last time, but I do this time, so I'll pay.
ME: Oh, that's awful generous of you!
GUY: So can I get a cab?
ME: Absolutely sir! We'll be right there! (I hang up)
Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!!

-- My pal Elisson never blegs... so I know this is really near and dear to his heart. If you've got a buck or two, it would be greatly appreciated.
_____

Now if I wrote this, I'd be called everything conceivable unflattering name in the book:
Americans are beginning to notice Obama's elevated opinion of himself. There's nothing new about narcissism in politics. Every senator looks in the mirror and sees a president. Nonetheless, has there ever been a presidential nominee with a wider gap between his estimation of himself and the sum total of his lifetime achievements?
The real surprise here is who did write it.

I'm thinking maybe Obama might want to sit up and take a hard look at the fact that he's beginning to royally piss off his base.

Don't believe me?
For the first few months of the campaign, the question about Obama was, "Who is he?" The question now is, "Who does he think he is?"

We are getting to know. Redeemer of our uninvolved, uninformed lives. Lord of the seas. And more. As he said on victory night, his rise marks the moment when "our planet began to heal." As I recall—I'm no expert on this—Jesus practiced his healing just on the sick. Obama operates on a larger canvas.
Alrighty then.
_____

Giggle of the Day:

dog
see more dog pictures

And a bonus giggle for Jerry Wiley:

dog
Leslie

1 comment:

Northwoods Woman said...

I missed something... you moved?