Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

I'm going to marry LawDog some day. Why? The man: a) is a manly man; b) has a not-so-well-hidden soft and smooshy side; and c) cracks me up on a regular basis.
Have y'all seen Terminator 2? Remember the part where Ah-nold slammed the evil terminator face-first into the wall, and the evil terminator kind of shimmered and then his front moved to his back?

That little kitten promptly retracted all of his limbs and other assorted protuberances, rotated inside his skin, popped back 180 degrees out from original position and proceeded to enthusiastically bury five of his six ends in the vet's arm.

A long, shocked pause, and then the vet remarked, quite coolly and calmly -- as if, in point of fact, he didn't have blood dripping out from under an enraged black hairball attached to his forearm -- "I hate it when they do that."

Sayeth the aide: "OhMyGawd."

Kitten: "Mmmrrraaaaooowwwrrrr." Which, of course, translates as: "From Hell's heart I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!"
It was love at first read, and I fall a little bit deeper every day. Sigh.
_____

Oh, for Pete's sake. At this rate we'll NEVER get Hairboy to Chicago.
_____

Quote of the Day:
And as excited as Mr. J is to see the floor to ceiling mirrors in the master bedroom, they must go. Nothing breaks the mood faster than catching my reflection while in the throes of passion and thinking; “Holy shit, I make weird faces during the humpity-hump.”

… And then utilizing the remainder of the ‘ride’ to vogue in front of the mirror.

Nah, the mirrors will be moved to the work-out room.

I don't know about you, but I spewed coffee all over the monitor at that!

Betme has also made it onto my list of must-meet bloggers.
_____

Da Goddess
points out that Soldiers Angels' and Epiphone have teamed up to put guitars into the hands of wounded soldiers.
The husband of Soldiers' Angels founder Patty Patton-Bader, Jeff Bader, is proud to be participating in Freedom Celebration and points out the therapeutic value of Epiphone's gift. "I am honored to be involved in the whole event," says Bader, "but since I am also a guitar player, this new program and the gifts to our service members are something very special to me. Music truly has a healing power, and guitar-playing soldiers who have suffered from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) have improved their memory capabilities by remembering the songs they used to play."
Dig deep if you can, folks. This sounds like a truly wonderful program. (And if you don't have a lot of moolah, how about participating in one of their other programs? There are several that count more on your participation than on your cash contributions.)
Leslie

No comments: