Leslie's Omnibus

Quick Stop

I loved almost all of the music we heard in Ireland, but this song by The Corries, heard at the Ha'Penny Bridge Inn in Dublin, has been lilting through my head ever since I got back. Hope you like it as much as I do!



Wild Mountain Thyme

O the summer time has come
And the trees are sweetly bloomin'
And the wild mountain thyme
Grows around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go
lassie
go?

Chorus:
And we'll all go together
To pull wild mountain thyme
All around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go
lassie
go?

I will build my love a bower (summerhouse)
By yon cool crystal fountain
And round it I will pile
All the wild flowers o' the mountain
Will ye go
lassie
go?

(chorus)

I will range through the wilds
And the deep glen sae dreamy
And return wi' their spoils
Tae the bower o' my dearie
Will ye go
lassie
go?

(chorus)

If my true love she'll not come
Then I'll surely find another
To pull wild mountain thyme
All around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go
lassie
go?

(chorus)
Leslie

1 comment:

LibertyChick said...

Great! Are you used to the accent yet? I still can't understand everything. :)

B