Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Giggle Fest:

From my dear Allen, this old but hysterical post:
“When I wass young I lissen to dah radio,
Waitin Foe mah favree song…..
When dey play I sing along
It make me smile

EvLeee Shah Lah Lah Lah, Evvv Leee Woa Woa Woa,
Still shiiiine,
Evv Lee Sheen a Leen a Leen, Dat dey Stahting to Siiing
So Fiiiiiine,
When dey get to dah Paaaht where he breakin’ her haaaht.
Eee can rearry make you cry…
Juss like Befooooe, Is Yessuhday One Mohhhhh. (Zhoo Bee Doo Woe Woe)
I giggled myself teary-eyed.

Then I ran across this hilarious tale, and decided to tee it up as a belated birthday gift for Eric.

And in the news, this article caused me to fall off my chair cackling with glee.

In the "kids say the darnedest things" category, Maggie Koerth-Baker is looking for your toddler's science questions. Be sure to scroll down through the comments -- they're priceless.
_____

Just so you know, I'm not typical:
When it comes the arena of ideas, the women who blog are not typical women. Over and over, the women who blog are tougher. Like the shotgun wielding Western expansionists of yore, women bloggers take shots and can shoot back.
Yup. I'm the Annie Oakley of the intarwebs.
_____

In a world where jobs are scarce and loads of people would love to have one, you'd think the Chicago Streets & San guys would be smarter... but... nope:
Chicago's Streets and Sanitation commissioner is cracking the whip to reduce absenteeism that sidelines nearly one-third of all laborers every day. [Emphasis mine]
Seriously, what took so long for the crack-down? And why aren't the commissioners of public works group on the city payroll doing the same thing?
_____

In the continuing horrifying saga of atrocities in Illinois nursing homes:
Frail and vulnerable residents of nursing homes throughout Illinois are being dosed with powerful psychotropic drugs, leading to tremors, dangerous lethargy and a higher risk of harmful falls or even death, a Tribune investigation has found.

Thousands of elderly and disabled people have been affected, many of them drugged without their consent or without a legitimate psychiatric diagnosis that would justify treatment, state and federal inspection reports show.
Go read the whole darned thing. Maybe this hits way too close to home because I lost my mom not too long ago. Or maybe because I'm not getting any younger and that could be me some time in the not so distant future.

I'd definitely put this under the heading of things to discuss with your primary care physician and your family long before you ever consider the nursing home option. Be sure your wishes regarding psychotropic drugs are explicitly understood, in writing, all the way around.
_____

Property taxes are going up by a whopping 46.4% in Garfield Park, Illinois.

There.

Don't you feel better about your measly property tax increase now?
_____

The scariest thing I read in the news today?
U.S. official resigns over Afghan war
Foreign Service officer and former Marine captain says he no longer knows why his nation is fighting
There's nothing that disgusts me more than the fact that President Pantywaist has brought us to this.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Chimpy McBushhitler Halliburton got us into this. It's all his fault! Blah dee blah, blah, blah.

We were already there when he came into office, Dude. I want him to deal with what is, instead of pointing fingers in a backward direction. Fat lot of good that does to fix the situation.

Our young men and women are dying right now at a higher rate than at any time during the war in Afghanistan.

For cripes sake -- do something other than dither. Send them the help they need or toss in the towel and bring them home -- and do it, like, yesterday. Our troops deserve far, far better than this.
_____

Finally, a politician who tells it like it really is:

Frank: "We Are Trying On Every Front To Increase The Role Of Government"

Told you so. And if that doesn't scare you, something is really, really wrong with you.
_____

Ah! Now I understand. Polanski actually put the spotlight on himself about a year ago. No wonder the State of California went after him. He might as well have kicked a sleeping, but ornery bull and then waived a red flag at it.

Stupid ass.
_____

Sheesh. Now I need a chaser of funny...

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
Leslie

2 comments:

JihadGene said...

Poor cat!

Anonymous said...

... bhwhahaha!.... thank you for that zombie story!..... I still ahve the doll you gave me sitting on a shelf in the living room!....

Eric