Ah, jury duty! It's a good thing they agreed to a panel of 12 before they got to me, as every question every other juror answered "no" to, I answered "yes" in my head. It got to the point where I could sincerely imagine counsel for the plaintiffs and defendants Indian leg wrestling to decide who got the privilege of using their peremptory challenge first.
Ah, well... it would have amused his Honor, who had a wonderful sense of humor.
The CTA wants to do more cuts? I don't see how they can possibly cut services right now, as Metra and the El are busier and more crowded than I've ever seen. In fact, they should be adding cars to both.
Do you know a family with a military member serving overseas? Take a tip from JihadGene and go over to Laptops for Flat Tops.
The entries will be judged by the following criteria:
- Intensity of need as expressed in the essay
- Immediate family member is an active member of the US military and is stationed overseas, as confirmed by their military identification number.
- Winners will be selected from entries collected in April through May, June through July, August through September, October through November, and December through January 2010.
- Submissions must come from a family who has an immediate family member (husband, wife, mom, dad, brother, sister, son, daughter) who is serving in the US Military in a location not in the continental United States.
- Submissions may come on behalf of a third party who has an immediate family member (husband, wife, mom, dad, brother, sister, son, daughter) who is serving in the US Military in a location not in the continental United States.
- Entries must be submitted through allamericandirect.com/laptop
- All entries must be associated with a AllAmericanDirect.com registered email address
- Entries must be associated with an "opt-in" email address
- AllAmericanDirect.com submissions must include name, email address, phone number, and physical mailing address.
- Families that submitted essays in previous months may resubmit a new essay each month if they are not selected
- Submissions should be no longer than 400 words
- Entries cannot be from an employee of or immediate family member of an employee of AllAmericanDirect.com
- No purchase necessary to enter or win
Cato @ Liberty has launched a new website exposing wasteful government spending: Downsizing the Federal Government. Lots of folks I know will be adding this to their favorites!
Denny makes me drool. (Heh.)
I return the favor and make Denny drool.
Off to Therapy Night!