Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

JihadGene says, "It's Friday! Let's Dance!" This week's theme word is "fire."

How 'bout a little Fire in the Belly?



(And if you're in the mood to dance, pop up a Youtube video on your site, then drop a link in Great Reader's comments. Join the party!)
_____

Anti-wi-fi paint offers security

Bastards.
_____

Quote of the Day:
"I went to the front of the house and yelled 'Death from above’ and started throwing the pool [table] balls."
(A tip of the cap to Harper. I giggled myself silly over this feisty woman's ingenuity.)
_____

So that whole Chicago being out of the running for the 2016 Olympics in the first round of voting?

The part of me that pays taxes in the Chicagoland area is greatly relieved.

The part of me that is an Olympic junkie who'd have gone to see everything from decathalon to pole vault to synchronized swimming to badminton and table tennis and everything in between is truly sorry.

I'm not blaming either of the Obamas. (Don't faint.) I'm not blaming Oprah. (No, really -- don't faint.) Mayor Shortshanks? Mebbe.

Mostly, I'm just glad Da Mair will now have to turn his attention back to Chicago and once again turn it into the City that Works.
_____

The 2009 Ig Nobel Prize winners have been announced. My favorite?
PHYSICS PRIZE: Katherine K. Whitcome of the University of Cincinnati, USA, Daniel E. Lieberman of Harvard University, USA, and Liza J. Shapiro of the University of Texas, USA, for analytically determining why pregnant women don't tip over.

REFERENCE: "Fetal Load and the Evolution of Lumbar Lordosis in Bipedal Hominins," Katherine K. Whitcome, Liza J. Shapiro & Daniel E. Lieberman, Nature, vol. 450, 1075-1078 (December 13, 2007). DOI:10.1038/nature06342.
WHO ATTENDED THE CEREMONY: Katherine Whitcome and Daniel Lieberman
Priceless.
_____

Giggle of the Day:

funny pictures of dogs with captions
see more dog and puppy pictures
_____

Happy Weekend, All!
Leslie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny about the pool balls! Here in AZ they want her to have a reality show. :)

However, I'm not with you in wanting to attend an Olympic gathering, in Chgo or anywhere - I didn't even like a bunch of people showing up for the Taste!

But I am happy to see both O's fail... sorry. And I am happy that the already corrupt Chgo doesn't become the even more corrupt Chgo that the Obama, Jarrett and Axelrod connection brings... after all, I want to move back as soon as possible and if the city is spending money on the games instead of creating a job for me, I'm against it. :)

Miss you - have fun on your trip, I know you will with Mr. Bill.

Barrie

Graumagus said...

Hosting the Olympics creates a tax singularity from which no money can escape.

Good riddance, I say.

I was far more entertained by watching Comrade Obamavich get the finger on the international stage.

One quote I saw floating around that has me laughing my ass off every time I think about is "We really need to stop comparing Obama to Hitler. Hitler GOT the olympic games to come to Berlin...." Bahaha

Nancy said...

Death from Above!!!!

I had to link that one on my blog.

I'm still giggling with delight. Wonder what Lawdog would say?