Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Ear Worm of the Morning:



Yes. I bopped all the way to the train station with this in my head, it followed me onto the train, into the city, and all the way to my desk. Agh!
_____

A question for Whoopi Goldberg: If it had been your own thirteen year old daughter or one of your two granddaughters, would it still not have been "rape-rape"???

I betcha it would be.
_____

Stupid quote of the day:
"As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."
It shouldn't be a sacrifice, lady. It should be and is an honor and a privilege.
_____

So I saw this article about an ice cream parlor that serves up 24 scoops of ice cream in a kitchen sink and couldn't understand why the reporter thought this was new and unique. After all, Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour & Restaurant has been doing that for years. Then again, he must not be a child of the 70's, as Farrell's has been gone from the Chicagoland area for a long, long time!

Let's see a show of hands for how many of you celebrated a birthday at Farrell's complete with siren, base drum and kitchen sink!
_____

Joanie is once again offering up her gorgeous photos as a way to raise money for Boobie-Thon 2009. Make your home more beautiful and support breast cancer research and awareness at the same time.

And I'll have to haul the camera out when I get home. Gotta be supportive, you know, and it's not like I haven't done it before... Heck, I even got 'em named.
_____

Giggle of the Day:

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
_____

Ear Worm of the Rest of the Day:



Boy, my brain bounces in funny directions.
_____

Speaking of funny, Alan made me giggle uproariously:
I swear by Muhammad's child bride, I vow, I declare that I will bring you people into compliance with all safety regulations, and I will do it quickly.
The Photoshop is priceless. And this?
Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT select someone for this type of martyrdom if his rear end has been used as a Hamster Habitrail.
Slayed me! (Oops. Apparently it slayed Asiri, too.)
Leslie

5 comments:

Barb said...

I kind of remember Farrell's. But I more vaguely yet vividly remember (doesn't make sense, but it's true) a place called Dr. Jazz. I Googled it and found one in Lebanon, IL, and someplace in Missouri, but they're not the same. Did a little more searching and I guess it used to be on Montrose.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sure the average American would consider a sacrifice to have to fly on a private plane for free to Copenhagen to have lunch with the queen! Poor Ms Obama!

They've brought the dirty politics of Chicago to the nation and the payoff to their friends Axelrod and Jarret business holdings in Chicago are astounding.

Barrie

Joanie said...

As always, thank you so much for your support and your kind words about my photography. You ROCK!

Regarding Whoopi's foot-in-mouth syndrome: I cannot fathom the world in which she envisions anyone being brutalized as a non-crime. She owes every rape victim a huge apology.

Farrell's: Both my kids have had birthdays there...before one of the last SoCal locations closed. I miss Farrell's.

JihadGene said...

Love Steve Martin very LOOONG time!!!

Northwoods Woman said...

All of the O's should have just stayed out of it fer shits sake!