Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Ooooh, pretty! Just received these lovely earrings in the mail from Laughing Owl. The turnaround time was three days from pressing the "buy" button to sticking them through my earlobes. The packaging was gift-ready, too.

Can't recommend her highly enough!

(And I may have to have this, as well.)
_____

JihadGene says, "It's Friday! Let's Dance!"



Betcha can't keep your feet from tapping!

Want to join the dance party? Pop a dance tune on your own blog, then leave a link in Great Reader's comments! Rock on.
_____

I have a serious problem with my tax dollars going to pay for someone else's refrigerator (let alone someone else's car).

Need to buy a new one and can't afford the hit all at once? Why not try layaway, instead? It's a debt-free way to get what you need without having to reach into a wallet other than your own.

Hard goods will still be purchased. No monthly credit fees involved. Nope, you can't have it right now... but you'll get it in good time and the economy will prosper.

It's the way I myself have bought and still buy when it's a big ticket item and I can't afford it right away.

Learn some patience, people... and some prudence... and some personal responsibility. It's not my job to buy all your big ticket items for you.
_____

Cheryl Lavin has an interesting column up on ultimatums, and if they're worth it.
There are times when a relationship hits a wall. It's or else time. Either you stop drinking or else. ... Either you stop seeing him or else. ... Either you stand up to your mother or else. ...

And then there's the ever-popular: Either you marry me or else.
Personally, I think you ask yourself how much you are willing to invest in a relationship, and then you get out if if the cost is too high. You don't force a choice on someone else; you take responsibility for your own happiness.
_____

If I got nothing else out of BlogHer, it was meeting smart women like this:
To Put It Bluntly: People Didn't Bring Guns to Town Halls Until Thugs Started Beating People Up
Next BlogHer I'm going looking for Dana Loesch so I can personally shake her hand and say "thank you" for this post.

Go read the whole beautiful thing.
_____

Giggle of the Day:

Hello.  My name is Mandy Patinkin.  I am tired of you quoting that line to me.  Prepare to die.
see more Lol Celebs
_____

Happy weekend, peeps!
_____

Update: Is something wrong with Sitemeter??? It says I haven't had a single hit since 2:30 p.m. yesterday, and I know that's not right.
Leslie

No comments: