Leslie's Omnibus


JihadGene says, "It's Friday! Let's Dance!"

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I'm feeling the disco thing...


I love a good turn of phrase, which is why leeann slays me:
Age and no internal censor will beat youth and blubber every time.

And then there's Donald, who I fall in love with more and more each day for his pithy take on today's youth. Go here for the board game edition of his blog.

Speaking of an elegant turn of phrase, I've finished "A Trip of Goats." The title itself is a full twisting triple entendre, and the rest of the prose is full-bore Velocilicious.

His writing style is a Southern slam dance of Samuel Clemens and Pat Conroy with a soupcon of Faulkner thrown in for a driving back-beat.

Go buy the damn book. You'll thank me.


JihadGene said...

You took me back to 1981 with Blondie! Thanks.

leeann said...

And thank you for the nifty compliment!