Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

I don't mind getting older. In fact, I like myself much better at the age I'm at than I ever did at 20... or 30... or 40. I like being comfortable in my own skin. I like not worrying so much about what others think about me. I like thinking that using "comfort" and "fashion" in the same sentence is an okay thing.

What I don't like is my birthday. Nothing ever seems to go right on or around August 11th for me. This year, it seems, is no different. I know I should follow this bit of advice that I found this morning, but I sure don't feel like it. In fact, what I really feel like is throwing myself down on the floor and having a good, old-fashioned, terrible twos temper tantrum. Silly, right?

Ah, well. It'll be better tomorrow. It just has to.

(And a tip of the cap to Sandy for the graphic. It says it all.)
_____
Leslie

No comments: