Leslie's Omnibus

Tootin' the Horn

Okay. I promised you a story. My Most Precious Child ("MMPC") graduated from law school two weekends ago. I am truly blessed, because her mother and father asked me to ride out to [identy not revealed because -- hey -- she's still looking for employment in her chosen profession, and if you recognize it -- SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH].

Even more interesting things were happening, though. When I arrived at Mom and Dad's home on that Friday, Dad informed me that Mom was at the assets sale of a place that I hadn't been in about 27 years. Dad asked if it was okay if we went to meet Mom there. I said "yes," but you know that my heart was leaping out of my chest.

Going back to a place that was life-changing, and knowing that it would be demolished the next day, sent my heart straight up into my throat. Walking in the front door with the two people that I had entrusted my child to made it not only a bearable experience, but a pleasurable one.

What did they want? To see the room where I had met with the woman who would change my fate for the next 27 years. To see the room where they picked up the child that would do the same for them.

They wanted pieces of the place that had, in the final analysis, gifted us all so much.

I'll tell you more later. Just know that this was a lovely, beautiful experience, instead of the dreaded experience it could have been.

There is no way I could have done it without Mom and Dad (hers, not mine). I am grateful every moment that these two incredibly generous people have made room in their hearts and in their family for me. There are not enough words, and I'm not even going to try. They know. And that's all that counts.
Leslie

1 comment:

Chickie Carmarthen said...

I'm so happy for you, Leslie - that you got to see her graduate from Law School( wow!) and that you have been able to become part of her life. Things really CAN work when everyone wants it to.