Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket

I do a lot of reading after work in the bar downstairs from my office before heading off for the Metra train. I just finished reading The Life and Times of the Last Kid Picked. People at Emil's must have thought I was seriously crazy, because I laughed so hard the tears just rolled down my face as I was reading this one. I even snorted. More than once. A lot more than once. (Most unladylike!)

Why did I find this book such a laugh riot? Mainly because, pre-adolescence, I grew up in the company of boys. Boy's with imaginations and reckless spirits like Benjamin's. It was like hanging around with my brother and Billy, Bobby, Mark and Timmy McCluskey all over again.

I loved this book enough that, given unlimited funds, I'd buy a copy for every guy I know. I've got a list as long as my arm of people who want to borrow my copy already... just based watching me giggling myself silly while reading it. Want a fun and fast summer read? Get this book.

[Note to Rob Reiner, Steven Spielberg and/or Tom Hanks -- Take any section of this book and you'd have a marvelous movie!]
_____

One more thing. Last Kid Picked had some hilarious epithets in it. For some reason this guy came to mind when I came across "catlicker." It might just turn out to be Rob's favorite -- and most scathing -- new cuss word.
_____
Leslie

No comments: