Leslie's Omnibus

From the Rowdies in the Back of the Bus

Since I've had a couple of friends who have gone to seminary, I do know it's possible for a minister to be a rowdy at heart. For example, Rev. Sensing gave me the giggles today.
_____

Elizabeth notes that there's a new wine for seniors --

California vintners in the Napa Valley area, which primarily produces Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir and Pinot Grigio wines, have developed a new hybrid grape that acts as an anti-diuretic. It is expected to reduce the number of trips older people have to make to the bathroom during the night.

The new wine will be marketed as Pinot More.
_____

Marian sends this tale of the Vet's Mom:

Every Sunday, a little old lady placed $1,000 in the collection plate. This went on for weeks until the priest, overcome by curiosity, approached her. "Madam, I couldn't help but notice that you put $1,000 a week in the collection plate," he stated.

"Why yes," she replied, "every week my son sends me money, and what I don't need I give to the church."

The priest replied... "That's wonderful, how much does he send you?"

The old lady said.... "Oh, $20,000 a week."

The Priest was amazed... "Your son is very successful, what does he do for a living?"

"He is a veterinarian," she answered.

"That is a very honorable profession," the priest says. "Where does he practice?"







The old lady says proudly...."Well, he has one cat house in Las Vegas and another in Reno."
_____

An Emily Litella moment, indeed. Seems to me Zonker had one of those recently, as well.
_____
Leslie

No comments: