Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Yesterday I was on the phone with my boss and he was giving me a list of directions and requests. My second line rang, so I put him on hold. The second call turned out to be some telemarketer telling me I had won some VISA card contest. I explained that she'd have to call me back because my boss was on the other line. She blithely ignored me and started into her pitch. I once again stated she'd have to call me back. She babbled on further. I finally blurted, "Unless you tell me that the prize I've won means I'll never have to work again in my life, call me back," and then I hung up. Jesus! What's wrong with people?
_____

P.S. -- She never called me back. Oh, well...
_____
Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fact #1: You said, "Unless you tell me that the prize I've won means I'll never have to work again in my life, call me back,"

Fact #2: She did not call back.

Hypothesis: You have won a prize that means you'll never have to work again in your life.

2nd hypothesis: Zonker is your bestest buddy. ;-)