Leslie's Omnibus


A Clutter of Quotes:
That’s a damn good idea. You lawyers are fucking smart.
(Namby is a recent discovery who gives me the giggles daily. And he lives in Chicago. Sweet.)
"Don't cry for me Appalachia! The truth is I never hiked you..."
... and...
I believe enduring love is primarily a commitment and an act of will, and for a marriage to be successful, that commitment must be reciprocal.
(Via la Diva Althouse.)
Personally, though, before you decide, I’d advise you to take a moment and consider ALL the implications of the word…’rental.

sourpuss wants to know what 4 live people you'd like to have dinner with.

I have an even more specific question: What four living bloggers, who you haven't yet met in person, would you like to have dinner with?

A Chicago grade school will be marching in this year's Gay Pride parade.

Not a good idea.


Because there are loads of almost completely nude people participating in the parade.

Because most of the floats have themes of a blatantly, overtly, in-your-face sexual content.

Because many of the parade participants and most of the watching crowd is drunk and disorderly.

You want to show your support for the community? Do a nice mural or plant a garden somewhere.

But the parade? No.

Don't forget about Take Three. There's always room for one more participant!

Giggle of the Day:


Ear Worm of the Day:

That was my role in High School. And, yes, I had to learn to tap dance for that. No. I'm no Ruby Keeler. (But I got the job done!)

Even Bigger Giggle:

celebrity pictures for your blog
see more Lol Celebs


One more reason you don't mess with Texas.

This is just falling out of your chair funny!


Anonymous said...

Wow! Can you believe that we lost MJ and FF in the same day? I'll be there and many other songs were on the radio as I shopped at Weibolts!


Kevin said...

It would make a great Sprint commercial:

"Hiking the Appalachian Trail?"

"No, hunting for Argentinian tail..."