Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Someone (some woman) in my office is wearing shoes with hollow heels that make a very loud, distinctive sound when she walks on the linoleum floor in the mail room (which is adjacent to my little corner of the universe).

What distinctive noise, you may ask?

The sound of a cat heaving a split second before it barfs up a very large hairball.

Ugh. I've been listening to this all day long.
_____

I don't know about your boss, but I know that this wouldn't go over well with mine.
_____

Giggle of the Day: Go here.
_____

I don't know which is scarier -- this or this. Yikes.
_____

Quote of the Day:
If any lesson is to be learned from this farce, it's that Democrats here know how to get elected but can't govern. It wasn't just Blagojevich who turned Illinois into the nation's most financially challenged state. Illinois Democrats were co-conspirators in wringing huge deficits, stiffing Medicare and other service providers and stuffing the budget with politically motivated programs.
The next elections in this state ought to be quite interesting.
_____

Ear Worm of the Day:

Leslie

3 comments:

El Capitan said...

Oh, man... I know that sound.

huk huk huk huk Huk Huk HUK HUK GACK!!!

Walrilla said...

Well, that's pretty bad, but how would you like to be walking around with a farting leg???? Whenever my leg shrinks a little bit, and I forget to carry a single-ply sock with me to take up the resulting space in my socket, I end up walking around with a farting leg. Step-ffrrtt. Step-ffrrtt.

Tell me that don't make me the suave and sophisticated one as I meander around in my daily workday tasks!

Walrilla(the walking fart machine)

El Capitan said...

Walrilla, I probably would have paid for that priviledge as a 6th grader...