Leslie's Omnibus

One for the Road



Before I head off to Jimmy's for the game this afternoon, I'll be saying a little prayer:

The Bears Prayer
Our Papa, who art a Bear,
Hallowed be thy fame,
Thy championship come,
Thy play be run, at home as it is away,
Give us this day our Sunday win,
And forgive us our turnovers,
Though we pounce on those who turnover against us,
And lead us not into fourth and long,
But deliver us from Rodgers.
In the name of Ditka, Butkis, & the Holy Payton.
As it was in 1985 so it shall be in 2011,
Reign without end. BEARDOWN!!"
Go Bears!


Update: The first quarter sucked. The second quarter crawled. The third quarter dragged. The fourth quarter was exciting. Much as it pains me to say it, the Packers wanted it more. (And if Lovie's contract is renewed, I'll be certain that he's got incriminating pictures of the McCaskey family stashed somewhere safe. Why in the world didn't he make Hanie his second string quarterback, instead of third?)
Leslie

3 comments:

amarkonmywall said...

Well, I have little to say about da Bears. Go, Bears about covers it. Now, perfect popcorn- thank you very very much for that tip. Drunks in the news. Michelle de Seattle and I had already discussed this news item and I am skeptical. I think he smacked into something and had a mild concussion. The odds are much greater of that than that he overdid it on schnapps. A mousetini, maybe. Schnapps? Owls turn up their beaks.

How many people have told you you have a lovely radio persona? You do.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we's sad da bears didn't win. poop

Omnibabe said...

Thanks for the compliment, Vicki! It helps when you're amused by your subject matter, as people can actually hear you smile!

And I'm sad too, boys!