Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket

This is probably last month you'll see a double-digit total of books read. Big changes in the works!

Here we go:

Books Read In September – 10/127 (ytd)

The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott, Kelly O’Connor McNees*

The Force is Middling in this One (and Other Ruminations from the Outskirts of the Empire), Robert Kroese*

After Tex, Sherryl Woods*

Mini Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella*

Starvation Lake: A Mystery, Bryan Gruley[1]*

Packing for Mars – The Curious Science of Life in the Void, Mary Roach[2]*

Billy Boyle: A World War II Mystery, James R. Benn[3]*

The First Wave, James R. Benn*

Blood Alone: A Billy Boyle World War II Mystery, James R. Benn*

The Believers, Zoe Heller[4]*



[1] I've actually met Bryan, who’s the editor of the Chicago bureau of the Wall Street Journal (which is housed in my office building). His book combines hockey, journalism and Michigan, his three great loves. Trust me, you’re going to like it!

[2] You might not think science is funny, but Mary Roach makes it both hilarious and comprehensible – even for the science-challenged like me!

[3] This series is utterly addictive. I had to force myself not to gobble them down all at once. Yes, there are more. Yes, I’m planning to read them all.

[4] A fantastic read. Favorite quote: “’You want to know what I’d do if the truth revealed itself to me and it wasn’t the truth I wanted to find?’ ‘Yes’ Audrey smiled. ‘I’d reject it.” Bang on.

Leslie

1 comment:

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, that's a lot of reading. you could not read that much if you hadded a Billy AND a Nicky in your house. MOL