Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Remember how I said those of us disgusted by the rank and file of either party should be looking to the tea parties for new leaders?

One has popped up here in the Chicagoland area -- one who I've met and admire greatly: Matt Burden of Blackfive fame.

If you live in Riverside, Brookfield, La Grange Park, Westchester, Oak Brook, Oak Brook Terrace, Lombard, Elmhurst, Villa Park or Berkeley, give him a good, hard look, and go meet him if you get the opportunity. I promise you'll be impressed.

I only wish he were in my district. (Now if we could only persuade Marathon Pundit to run in my district, I'd be a happy, happy girl.)
_____

Just ordered this insanely cool looking book. Can't wait to put it to good use!
_____

Remember when I asked about MiFi? Good thing I haven't rushed into getting one, because it looks like a superduper version is coming out right around the first of the year, and for a cheaper monthly rate.
_____

Remember that Marathon Pundit guy I just pointed out to you? He's been all over this story for months now right here in Illinois (check out that impressive list of links). Nice to see Big Media is catching up with him.

(And Judd Gregg is one of the few things I miss about living in NH, friends aside, of course!)
_____

Think your neighbor is a little nuts? Think again. Go here, here and here for proof positive.
_____

Right. And leisure suits cause cancer in lab rats, too:



Fernwood Tonight was way ahead of its time.
_____

Giggle of the Day:

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
_____

JihadGene says, "It's Friday! Let's Dance for KEV in Iraq!" Okay:


Drop your own dance party entry into Gene's comments, 'mkay?
_____

Happy weekend!
Leslie

3 comments:

Desert Cat said...

Is it time for the return of the leisure suit?

Omnibabe said...

Oh, definitely. And Quiana shirts, too! Remember those? (If you're a child of the 70's, I know you do!)

Desert Cat said...

I'm pretty sure I had a couple of those at one time, although I did not recognize the name.

The fact that my parents were dirt poor during that time meant I missed out on some of the glorious fashion excesses of that decade and by the time I was out on my own it was all over and Michael Jackson was the newly crowned King of Pop.

Inspired by these musings and some of the other surfing I did this afternoon, I stopped by Goodwill on my way home and snagged a couple of sport jackets. I'm going to see what I can do with a sport jacket and a Hawaiian shirt.

Either hilarity will ensue or I might hit on a combo that really works.