Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Bacon. Be still my beating heart! (And if my heart was beating after ingesting all that cholesterol, yay for me!)
_____

Just saw that Larry Gelbart has passed away. An incredibly talented writer, my very favorite of all his work made me a dyed-in-the-wool M*A*S*H-ophile, and this is devastating news.

Yes, I was and am a huge fan. My ex was still a military recruiter when the last M*A*S*H aired. We threw a party where we decked out our friends in his olive drabs and I served bone dry martinis and spam hors d'oevres.

Yes, I was that big of a geek. So shoot me.

Mr. Gelbart, God speed to a really good place in heaven. And thanks for the lovely memories of Hawkeye, Trapper, B.J. Hunicutt, Col. Potter, Col. Blake, Hot Lips Hoolihan, Frank Burns, Radar O'Reilly, Father Mulcahy, Charles Emerson Winchester III and the rest of the regulars.

Jeeze. I'll have to buy Spam this weekend, a bottle of cocktail olives and a bottle of gin. It's only fitting. Now if only I could locate Mr. Kwok to make me a veritable dustbowl of a martini...
_____

If The Awesomer is a site for guys, how come I love it so much??? I call bullshit. It's a site for geeks, goobers, gamers and grrls with good taste (lust, need, want!!!)!
_____

God bless Bonnie Hunt. It's good to know that there's at least one celebrity out there that doesn't think Blago's cute... or funny... or unaccountable for his sins against this state.
_____

Giggle of the Day:


funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
_____

Ear Worm of the Day (and a reminder on a day when we've lost so much, what is important to remember):

Leslie

1 comment:

Joanie said...

I generally go with Rhymes & Reasons for 9/11.

So you speak to me of sadness
And the coming of the winter
Fear that is within you now
It seems to never end
And the dreams that have escaped you
And the hope that you’ve forgotten
You tell me that you need me now
You want to be my friend

And you wonder where we’re going
Where’s the rhyme and where’s the reason
And it’s you cannot accept
It is here we must begin
To seek the wisdom of the children
And the graceful way of flowers in the wind

For the children and the flowers
Are my sisters and my brothers
Their laughter and their loveliness
Could clear a cloudy day

Like the music of the mountains
And the colours of the rainbow
They’re a promise of the future
And a blessing for today
Though the cities start to crumble
And the towers fall around us
The sun is slowly fading
And it’s colder than the sea

It is written from the desert
To the mountains they shall lead us
By the hand and by the heart
They will comfort you and me
In their innocence and trusting
They will teach us to be free

For the children and the flowers
Are my sisters and my brothers
Their laughter and their loveliness
Could clear a cloudy day

And the song that I am singing
Is a prayer to non believers
Come and stand beside us
We can find a better way

We will never forget.