Leslie's Omnibus

Chartered Excursion -- Helen, GA

So how was the blogmeet? Probably best described by this old Tom Paxton tune.

Think I'm kidding? Saturday morning Sam (who had the room next to ours) leaned over the balconey and called down to the parking lot, "V-Man! I got yer monkey, yer laptop, yer cowbell and yer bullwhip in mah room. Come on up and git'em." And that was just the results of the first night of debauchery.

Who was there? In approximate order of appearance:

Acidman, Recondo32 and Georgia
Velociman and the Velocimistress
Key Monroe
Kelley
Zonker
Sam Moore
Shoe
Denny
Dax
Moogie
Ellison and SWMBO
Donnie
Eric and the charming Fiona

I know the rules -- what happens in Helen stays in Helen. So here's what I can tell you:

  • Every one of those fine folks welcomed Buckaroo Bonsai and I with open arms, open hearts and cocktails up the kazoo.
  • I haven't laughed as long or as much in I don't know how long.
  • There is a way to avoid the hangover from hell from the Chatham Artillery Punch. You take two aspirin (or Tylenol or Advil) and drink two big glasses of water every time you wake up and need to use the facilities during the wee small hours of the morning.
  • I got to witness Acidman left speechless. Yep. He nearly dropped his dentures. I didn't think that was possible, but it happened and it was priceless. (I have a witness. Just ask Ellison to confirm.)
  • Next time we go, BB and I are going to Tube the Hooch.
  • Helen is a lovely town, and you can't go two feet without tripping over fantastic live music, especially during Octoberfest.
  • Every blodger there ate at The Troll at one point or another during the weekend. Luscious irony. Great food.
  • Almost every restaurant in the place has a German theme, and the waitresses are dressed in dirndls. It's mightly bizarre to have a blonde-haired cutie in one of those get-ups approach your table and say, "Hah. Whut can Ah brang y'all?" Truly a spit-take moment.
  • Buckaroo Bonsai revealed to me that he owns a set of these, hand-me-downs from his stepdad. I'm making him bring them next year.
  • Moogie and I are so much alike it's downright frightening. She'll be moving up the blogroll into the "family" column.
  • Elvis threw beads at me, and I didn't even have to show him my breasts.
The best part? This Beantown-born, midwest raised Yankee gal became an official Deadly Blowneyed Jawja Blodger. And damned proud of it, too.

Now, wasn't that a party?
_____
Leslie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to meet you, Leslie! Now that you've felt the Mullet Power you'll have to make plans to attend the next Jawja fest. of the ;-)

You and Buckaroo Bonsai are welcome anytime!

Anonymous said...

.. yep... a great time... sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you much... next time!!..

Anonymous said...

It was so good to meet you. We got deep after 3:00 am, I think.

Anyway, thank you. You are downtown with me.

Frango!!!

Elisson said...

That was a Par-Tay, and a damn fine one at that. SWMBO and I really enjoyed hanging with you and the Buckaroo.

And that Moment o' Horror with Rob...I still pee myself thinking about it.

Jawja Blodgers Rule!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I thought I left a comment earlier, but now it's gone. Anyway...thanks so much for coming all the way down here to party with us. It was such a pleasure to finally meet you; I hope you guys come to many more blodgemeets in the future.

Pammy said...

One a these days...one a these days...I SWEAR I'll get to Helen.
Glad ya had such a great time.

Moogie said...

Sistah? You rock. I'm thinking we must have been sisters in another life. BB was one great guy as well. I can't wait to see you again.

Dash said...

If you made it through a weekend with that group, you're pretty tough. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Dax Montana said...

I too had a good time. However, my email doesn't like your email. Just Damn!