Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket

I can't see myself breaking the 200 book mark for 2010, but I'll come pretty close. Here's November's list:

November – 14/162

Sunday’s Child, Tom Lewis*

Hawke: A Novel, Ted Bell*

The Ghost Shrink, The Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant, Vivi Andrews[1]*

The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food and Love, Kristin Kimball[2]*

Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Truman Capote

We Bought a Zoo, Benjamin Mee

Hour of the Hunter, J.A. Jance*

One Hundred Dollar Misunderstanding, Robert Gover*

The Reluctant Mage, Karen Miller*

Worth Dying For: A Reacher Novel, Lee Child*

Liar, Liar, K.J. Larsen*

The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid, Bill Bryson[3]*

Decision Points, George W. Bush*

A Chesapeake Shores Christmas, Sherryl Woods*


[1] Yes, it’s as silly as it sounds, but what’s wrong with a little laughter every now and then?

[2] I loved this book. There’s a relentless pacing that really gives you the sense of the whirlwind that hit Kristin Kimball and changed her life forever in this true story.

[3] Recommended to me by John Cox, it’s an absolute delight, especially for anyone born in the 1950’s.

_____

While I'm on the subject of books, if you're considering getting or giving a Kindle for Christmas, here's some things you should keep in mind:

There are tons of free books out there.

Kindle does stuff beyond just acting as an e-reader.

If you have friends or family who you really trust, you can share a Kindle account and, thus, share books.

You don't need to own a Kindle to read Kindle books -- you just need one the free Kindle apps.


I have the second generation Kindle (Holy crap! I'm sorry I missed this deal, as $89 for a Kindle I'd have bought one for every member of my family), but I bought my Sainted Sister-in-Law the new wi-fi version for her birthday, and I'm bowled over by how much smaller and lighter the darned thing is -- and it holds more books, to boot!

They're holding a $100 gift card give-away for 30 users a day between now and Christmas over at the Kindle Facebook site.

Finally, keep track of other Amazon.com lightning deals here.
_____

P.S. -- Seems like I'm in good company on this keeping a list business.
Leslie

No comments: