Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Ear Worm of the Day:

Here's a little blast from my disco days past:



Which also brings to mind...



It's a wonder the Princess Mom and Darling Daddy let me out of the house even once back in the '7os.

Update: MacKenzie is apparently on my disco wavelength.
_____

I may just have to mosey on up to Zion this summer...
_____

I got a sweet email from reader Cassandra, who's started her own blog. If you're into yoga and wellness stuff, go give her a read.

Personally, I love diet and exercise. I could watch other people do it for hours...

(And Cassandra, welcome to the blogosphere! Nice work so far.)
_____

Quote of the Day:

Love is complicated, intense, enduring, but it's also a fickle bitch. Love gets bored and gets tired. Sometimes love wants to lie on the couch for months, eating popcorn and watching 90210 reruns. Love is lazy. Love wants to be entertained but doesn't want to do any work itself. Which is why relationships are so hard -- in order to get, you have to give, and that requires love to get off its lazy butt and participate, even when work and kids and bills clamor for attention.
Can I get an Amen?
_____

A voice of reason in the muslim world?
_____

For my juvenile friends... loads of snickers and sniggers here. (Go ahead and giggle. You know you want to.)
_____

Sometimes I really, really love Whoopi Goldberg. Saw this live yesterday, when I was giving platelets. Yep. I felt the love.
_____

Now here's a guy I'd like to meet:

I was chasing the prom queens and bathing beauties of the world. I set my sights so high, then I'd get disappointed and my self-esteem would take a hit. My negative feelings about myself would get reinforced, and the cycle would continue. I realized while I was still in high school that I was on a merry-go-round.

Even though I saw some of my destructive patterns, I didn't really get off the carousel until after I got divorced. The light really came on when I met woman after woman who was fun to be with, yet probably went through the same things that I did back in the day. Some were tall, some were short, some skinny, some fat -- they were all fun. I never lowered my standards and continued to chase those I wanted. I just started fishing in a bigger pond.
Yup.

(And it's nice to see Cheryl Lavin's column again. The Trib's loss is the Sun Times' gain!)
_____

Giggle of the Day:

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals
_____

A couple of Blogthings, because you can never have too many:





You Are in the Genital Stage of Development



According to Dr. Freud, you've reached the genital stage of development.

Whatever issues you may have had in your childhood have been resolved.

You don't have any hang ups, and you are able to function as a stable adult.

You are the model of being well-adjusted, and you are able to balance your life beautifully.





Heh.





You Are Very Warm



You are kind, caring, and empathetic. A lot of warm energy radiates from you.

And it's not an act - you truly like people. You get a charge from people being around you.

You are are easy going and very socially adaptable. You're willing to overlook peoples'quirks.

You enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and helping them if you can. Giving makes you feel good.









You Are "enter"



Some people might try to say you're impulsive and rash.

You like to consider yourself decisive and committed instead.

You don't have a lot of trouble making very final decisions.

You trust your instincts, and you don't waver. You just go for it!





There ya go.
_____

Holy crap! And to think my Joisey Boy is afeared of a little bitty gator or two....
_____

This is a surprise???

Some have speculated that Barack Obama would have to go to war with Nancy Pelosi if he really wanted to push for bipartisanship on Capitol Hill. The stimulus package was the first and most critical piece of Obama’s domestic agenda, and Pelosi not only blocked Republicans from negotiating its terms, she filled it with non-stimulus spending that turned it into an omnibus appropriation bill, full of objectionable projects and embarrassing components, like contraceptive spending.

Right.
______

Giggle of the Day II:

Yes, firing a rifle after cross-country skiing a few kilometers is tough, but what happens when you have to do compulsory figures first, and fire while you’re in mid-air? All we can say is that it makes being in the audience a lot more interesting.

Sorry, but Mark cracks me up on a regular basis!
Leslie

2 comments:

JihadGene said...

Loved the cat & dog scary part...looong time!

H2o said...

Are we sisters? I scored the same as you. Not bad if I do say so myself