Leslie's Omnibus

Whoa, Nelly!

Out of the blue today I got a text message from an old friend who I haven't heard from in at least a couple of years.

This is a girlfriend who I traveled with extensively when we were both showing cats.

Who remained my friend after we both stopped showing.

Whose company I cherished.

Who loved my mom (who always said Cheryl was her favorite of all my friends).

Who I helped move from Gray's Lake, IL to Miami, FL with an ancient and arthritic chocolate Labrador Retriever and a stone deaf blue-eyed white American Shorthair cat -- in the middle of August.

Yeah. That kind of great girlfriend.

Time, distance, a lost cell phone (mine), a couple of moves (hers) and pure laziness on both our parts have found us out of communication... but not out of each other's hearts.

Tonight I have to tell her about this. And this. Geeze! I'm not looking forward to this, even if I am delighted that the doors of communication are back open. Wish me luck. And a BIG box of Kleenex.
Leslie

2 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

I do wish you good luck. But it's funny how time and distance and even laziness can just disappear when you start talking. I just reconnected with one of my sorority sisters after 24 (yes 24) years! - Mary

Northwoods Woman said...

I'm so glad you've found each other again! Grayslake is right next door to the town I grew up in! Small world!