Leslie's Omnibus

The Mom Update

I'd just like to share a few thoughts that I'm going to lift straight from an email I sent a good buddy yesterday:
It's a funny thing, life, isn't it? Sometimes it gives you shit where you should expect roses... and sometimes it tosses you unexpected blessings in the oddest of places....

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. To be honest, I get most of the good stuff with the Princess Mom these days. I've been asking lots of questions about her childhood, about the kinds of music that she likes, life with Daddy. She does better reaching back into time than she does remembering anything in the present. She potty trained me and cleaned up my poopy bottom when I was a baby. Now I can and do return the favor. (And, yes -- we have lots and lots of conversations about pooping and peeing these days. I find the funny in it where I can, and there's still a good deal to laugh about.)

While I'm visiting and helping out, we spend a lot of time on the back deck soaking up the sun, looking at beautiful flowers and listening to the birds sing. TPM is fascinated by my little nieces, their horde of friends, and all of the games that go on in the swingset in the back yard. Really, there's a lot of sweetness yet to enjoy. (And, yes -- I'm looking for and finding roses in the compost pile.)
I thought as the days go by I'd share a few of her favorite singing artists with you. Today's favorite? Ed Ames:

Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting to hear our mothers' stories and really coming to know them as women -- beyond their maternal role -- is one of the few bright spots in all of this, isn't it?

I'm still praying for y'all. Thanks for your kind words, too.

Erica said...

Duh...did I ever mis-read that. I was about to say that I don't know anything about Ed Ames 'cept that he was the guy who performed a "circumcision" with a tomahawk on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.