Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Windypundit picked up on a cool idea for a meme:

According to Cory Doctorow at Boing Boing, Maya Angelou once said

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he or she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

I don't know if she really said that, but I thought it would make a nice blog post to explain how I'd handle those three things, so you folks can learn something about my character.

Here are my three:

Rainy Day

If it's warm, throw on some flip-flops and head out for a walk in the rain. Make sure to jump in every puddle I see.

If it's cold and rainy, I'll make a nice big pot of coffee, plop down on the couch and curl up with a good book... or three.

Lost Luggage

Since I pack notoriously lightly and carry my jewelry and toiletries in my carry-on bag, this really wouldn't be a big deal. If I got the stuff back, fine. If not, I'll take the cash and get new stuff. (I actually had a bag go missing getting off a cruise ship once... and it was shipped home via FedEx within 24 hours. I lead a charmed life sometimes!)

Tangle Xmas Tree Lights

I love a good puzzle. I'd pour myself a glass of Xmas cheer and have at it.

And you?
_____

Giggle of the Day:

dog
see more
_____

Coming to Chicago and planning on parking on the streets? Then Second City Cop wants you to know this.

Geeze! This used to be such a friendly city.
_____

Nucking Futz!
_____

I needed a cold shower after reading this story. Really.
Leslie

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Just some trivia... Maya Angelou's real name is Marguerite Ann Johnson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_angelou

Northwoods Woman said...

my meme answers are practically the same as yours, go figure! love ya!