Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Cook County is going to have to put up with four years of this idiot. The very people who voted him into office are the ones that will be most affected if these cuts are put into place. We're not talking luxuries for the constituents here. We're talking cutting basic health and safetry services.

We could have had Claypool or Peraica* as President of the Cook County Board, but noooooooooooo. Everyone voted for the Toddler, Crown Prince son (and now King himself) of the original King of Cronyism.

Cook County voters, I hope you're happy with yourselves.
_____

*No, I was not happy with Peraica's post-election antics. But historically, he's always been fiscally responsible, and that counts for a lot with me.
_____

I stopped at my local Cheeseburger in Paradise for a late dinner this last Monday evening. I had a post-dinner glass of wine and was reading my book, when I noticed a bunch of boys who looked to be about 9 or 10 years old huddled around one of those touch-screen video games you find on bars these days. There wasn't a parent in sight. They were joking and jostling and doing all the things that boys with ants in their pants do. And it was about 10 p.m.

Sure, they didn't have class Monday due to President's Day. But they did have class on Tuesday.

So tell me... what kind of parent lets their kid run wild... in a bar... on a school night?

Durrrrrrrrrrrr!
Leslie

No comments: