Leslie's Omnibus

From the Rowdies in the Back of the Bus

I received this from the Sweetheart of Shell Knob, MO:

I don't know what's scarier -- that she sent it to me and thought I'd see the humor... or that I can personally sympathize with the old geezers!
_____

A quick laugh from Elizabeth:

Punishment

A US Air Force C-141 is scheduled to leave Thule Air Base, Greenland, at midnight. During the pilot's preflight check, he discovers that the latrine holding tank is still full from the last flight. So a message is sent to the base, and an airman who was off duty is called out to take care of it.

The young man finally gets to the air base and makes his way to the aircraft, only to find that the latrine pump truck has been left outdoors and is frozen solid, so he must find another one in the hangar, which takes even more time. He returns to the aircraft and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the pumping job deliberately and carefully (and slowly) so as to not risk criticism later.

As he's leaving the plane, the pilot stops him and says, "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be late, and I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded, but punished."

Shivering in the cold, his task finished, he takes a deep breath,stands up tall and says, "Sir, with all due respect, I'm not your son; I'm an Airman in the United States Air Force. I've been in Thule, Greenland for 11 months without any leave, and reindeer are beginning to look pretty good to me. I have one stripe; it's two-thirty in the morning, the temperature is 40 degrees below zero, and my job here is to pump shit from your aircraft...... Now just exactly what form of punishment did you have in mind?"

Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny!

'Neck

Anonymous said...

Bahahahahahaha!!! :-)