Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Now I know what I'm getting the Princess Mom for Christmas next year!
_____

I don't know why these things amuse me so...

Your Girl Parts Are Named:

The Fortune Nookie

... but they surely do! (A tip of the cap to the lovely LL.)
_____

Normal blogging resumes tomorrow -- I promise!
_____

One more thing -- What song most makes you crank the radio, roll the windows down and sing at the top of your lungs? Makes your toes tap and your fingers snap? Makes you itch for a dance floor?

For me, it's been Redneck Girl by the Bellamy Brothers from the very first time I heard it:

Redneck girl likes to cruise in Daddy's pickup truck
And a redneck girl plays her hard when she's down on her luck
Living for a friday afternoon
She's gonna show one ole boy that we can move

And I pray that someday I will find me a redneck girl

Redneck girl likes to stay out all night long
She makes sweet rock n' roll while she listens to the country songs
She's waitin' for that moment of surrender
Her hands are calloused but her heart is tender

And I pray that someday I will find me a redneck girl
Oh give me a give me a give me a redneck girl
Give me a give me a give me a redneck girl

Oh give me a give me a give me a redneck girl
Give me a give me a give me a redneck girl

A redneck girl got a name on the back of her belt
She's got a kiss on her lips for her man and no one else
A coyote's howling out on the prairie
First comes love then comes marriage

And I pray that someday I will find me a redneck girl
Yeah give me a give me a give me a redneck girl
Oh, man! Now I'm gonna have a week-long ear worm. And I want to go on this cruise. Sounds like Heaven!
Leslie

5 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

our mommy laughed - Passion Flower. We has no idea that girl parts was named anyfing!

Tell the Divine Miss Marilyn that we fink she is truly devine!

Anonymous said...

"Fandango"???? I'm certain, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that's not what mom had in mind when she picked such a (yawn, gak) fifties name. And I don't care how good the tunes, a cruise is nada but a floating petri dish of bacteria.

Thanks for your kind visit and the poem- I liked that. Millie is going back to dust tonight in body but surely that sweet cowlicked spirit is walking the Rainbow Bridge. :-)

Northwoods Woman said...

I was a Twat Waffle!

LadyGunn said...

I used to love that song but haven't heard it for years! Yeah, I was big on country & had a bit of an Okie twang way back when I was all horsified.

Anonymous said...

"Chia Pet"

Good thing I'm not a girl...