Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Is anyone interested in going to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry? This whole thing just fascinates me. If you're interested, shoot me an email!
_____

I haven't sent a monkey V-Man's way for a while, but he wins this one for knocking it out of the park with this fine piece of writing.

Is it any wonder that I'm in awe of the man?
_____

Dazd has a little meme that looks like fun:

If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be?
Cheese.

If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be?
Philanthropy on a personal level. I wish more people had generous hearts... and open wallets. Like Mr. Holley.

Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
Batgirl. I always wanted to kick ass and drive a great motorcycle.

If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?
The day I met my daughter for the first time. 'Nuff said.

If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be?
My Great Aunt Dorothy. She treated me like a grandchild, and I just adored that woman.

What is the one thing you lost sold or threw away that you wish you could have back?
My pride, on occasion.

What is your one most important contribution to this world?
I was a support manager for an AIDS patient, and we became very, very close. In the end, I was the only person in the world who would touch him without gown, gloves, mask and booties on. What did I contribute? Love. Acceptance. Friendship.

What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
Who hides talent? Not I.

What is your most cherished possession?
I don't cherish possessions. I cherish people.

What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
My Auntie Francis. I saved my babysitting money all year so I could buy a plane ticket and go visit her for a week.

What one word describes you better than any other?
Loyal.
_____

Are you reading Second City Cop yet? If not, shame on you! I especially appreciate this post, in which SSC does not defend one of its own, but advocates for personal responsibility.

A most excellent read.
_____
Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Body Worlds 2 looks VERY cool.