Leslie's Omnibus

Chartered Excursion -- The VIB* Tour

Well, I may have to miss this, but I did get to participate in a mini-blogmeet here in Chicago yesterday.

Buckaroo Bonsai and I met Patterico, Mrs. Patterico and the mini-Pattericos, Pejman and Spoons for lunch at Pizzeria Due. (Okay, the truth. We started out at Pizzeria Uno -- the original -- and couldn't get seated so we walked down the block.)

I'm telling you, I was among some of my biggest blogging heroes. So what are they like?

Well, Patrick in person is pretty laid back... until you get him talking about one of his hot button issues (and any one will do). Then he turns into an atomic fireball. (Confession: I love atomic fireballs.) His blog is an accurate reflection of his personality -- you do not want to be on the opposite side of an argument from him.

Mrs. Patterico is a delight, and so are the kids (I must confess, Buckaroo Bonsai was very smitten with Little Miss Patterico. He's a big softie when it comes to kids and critters, and they usually really like him, too). I wish I'd had more of a chance to chat with the Mrs., but, bloggers being bloggers, I kept getting sucked back into conversation with the fellows. I hope to make it up to her one evening by keeping her company while Patterico himself is off to the Ring Cycle.

Pejman is as elegantly droll in person as his writing suggests. We did find one little flaw, however -- he confesses to having no sense of direction... and he's correct. It made for a trip around the block and good laugh -- and no one laughed harder than Pejman himself. He's an intellectual all right, but one with a great big heart.

Spoons. You just have to love him. If Patterico is the fireball and Pejman is the intellectual, Spoons is the pragmatist of the group. And you've got to love any guy who can write like this or this.

Topics ranged from blog hosting services to RSS feeds to politics to the Pope and more. My head is still spinning. Yeesh! It's fun rubbing elbows with the big boys!

Thanks, guys for such a wonderful afternoon.

P.S. to Spoons: Here's the info on that Pat Sajak blog. Thoughtful, interesting stuff, no?
_____

*Very Important Blogger

**As an aside, we just missed
Ernie the Attorney, who was in town for the ABA Tech Show, but managed to pass the phone for a few minutes for hellos around the table. Maybe next time....

***Every one of those guys was young enough to be my son.

_____

Leslie

No comments: