Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

I guess money and fame talk, riffraff walk. That's the only explanation for Amy Winehouse not being charged, too. It's a shame, as that chick needs a big time out from her drug habit, and nobody seems willing to put their foot down with her. Jesus! Where's Jamie Spears when you need him?
_____

Remember my little rant about Google Health? Seems my uber-smart pal Teresa totally agrees with me, and gives you the scoop in detail about why you should just say no.
_____

Don't faint, but I agree with the cab drivers here:
"I don't want to have a guinea pig of a car for a cab. These hybrids are not proven durable commercial vehicles. Until the Police Department and fleet buyers start using hybrids, cab companies shouldn't be forced to put on unproven vehicles for the sake of aldermen looking politically-correct and green," Kasp said.
And expensive guinea pigs, at that.
He added, "With what we're already paying for the lease and gas, there's no breathing room. The average driver is starting out every day at least $125 [in the hole]. You know how many hours you have to work to make $125? It's easy for them to sit and mandate this and mandate that. They're not paying for any of this stuff. These people need to take a long hard look at what is real and what is not real."
Look at what's real??? Come on! This is Chicago aldermen we're talking about.
_____

Quote of the Day:
She was 82. He was 95. They had dementia. They fell in love. And then they started having sex.
Heartbreaking. Just heartbreaking.

(And note to MMPC: If I'm ever in the same predicament, give me your blessing, okay? Everyone should be so lucky.)
Leslie

2 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

This breaks my heart more than I can even think about right now dammit! People are so selfish and greedy!

Teresa said...

Keep spreading the word on Google Health... it's not for those who wish to keep their medical information private.

Of course I'm sure there are a number of people who might hope their conditions become the talk of the town - you never know with people. ;-)