Leslie's Omnibus


Sometimes I get the damnedest ear worms. Since 5:00 p.m. yesterday, this old cartoon theme song has been stuck in my head:

Where in the world does this come from???

And, of course, that brought up a link to a cartoon with some of the most annoying character voices of all times:

My brain hurts now.

I love reading the blogs linked to Grand Rounds, because every once in a while you find a gem like this:
When reading through these research papers, it is quickly apparent that some of these studies were a whole lot more fun than others.
Again I ask, who says medical blogs are boring???

A reporter at the Strib has finally pierced the veil of Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy in Inver Grove Heights, MN. Read the whole thing. It's an eye-opener:
Charter schools are public schools and by law must not endorse or promote religion.

Evidence suggests, however, that TIZA is an Islamic school, funded by Minnesota taxpayers.
If I lived in Inver Grove Heights, I know I'd be pissed.
The interval since Chicago's last 70-degree high on October 21 continues to widen. It's been 171 days since the warm- weather benchmark was achieved.

(I can haz spring k pls thx?)

Another of my childhood favorites bites the dust. That just stinks.

Deliberate Darwin Awards candidate. That's creepy. And strange.

This is just about the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I'd have told the neighbor to stick it, gone to court to fight the ticket, and refused to give up my delegate seat.

I guess that makes my pal LL a racist for referring to her kids as "Big Monkey" and "Little Monkey," too. (Ha! Not likely.)

This whole political correctness thing has gone way too far overboard -- and only seems to apply native-born caucasian Americans. Enough already!

1 comment:

Livey said...

I agree with that last statement 100%!