Leslie's Omnibus

If It's Not One Thing...

The Sweetheart of Shell Knob, MO wrote:
"I just read your blog -- I'm so sorry your mom isn't doing as well as hoped. I'm keeping the prayers going and will send good thoughts and prayers your way as you head back down there. How much less of a worry this will be when you get her back to Chgo. Will you fly her back or drive down to get her?

"Long distance or not, let me know if there's anything we can do -- we can come to Chgo if needed; it's only about 10 hours up there. And if you need to talk..... Whatever you need. just holler."

I can't tell you how much that means.

Here's the problem, though -- the real issue with getting Mom home is that she's making it difficult because: 1) she says she's not happy with her doctors up here... but has done absolutely nothing about asking her FL docs for referrals; and, 2) she won't make any plans to come back without her docs' permission... but hasn't asked when they think it would be okay for her to travel.

Yes, she's been flattened like a pancake by this last treatment. Yes, she's felt sicker than a dog. You think she'd take every damned drug the doctors prescribed in order to get some relief from that, right? BUT, NOOOOOOOO. Not her.

I think there's a little part of the Princess Mom that likes all the attention she's been getting lately. How many people do you know who can snap their fingers and have people fly halfway across the country at the drop of a hat not once, but twice? (That includes my brother and his family, my cousin and myself.) She admits she can't do much of anything for herself at the moment, and has gotten used to (translated: "is wallowing in") being waited on.

My job is to light a stick of dynamite under her ass to get her wanting to get back here ASAP. Usually I'm the helpful, sympathetic child. Not this time. Now I'm the hands on hips, exasperated, cattle-prod wielding harridan who's going to help her get inspired... OR ELSE.

Am I sympathetic? Yep. To a point. But I think we passed that point about a week ago.

She'd better get moving while I'm there, too. Why? Because my sister is going down the week following to finish up getting Mom going... and Heidi... well... let's just say you REALLY don't want to mess with her.
_____
Leslie

No comments: