Leslie's Omnibus

Book Your Ticket

Why would anyone want to write teen books? Well maybe it's because teens get really excited if you write books about things they care passionately about. I'm obviously all for anything that gets kids reading.

Keep on writing what you want to write, Ms. Mechling.

(A tip of the cap to Dr. Frank.)
_____

Speaking of teens and books, on Friday Ms. Kapp wrote to tell me:
"Yes, we are recieving books as they come in. It looks like most of block two has arrived and a few from block one. We are going to be making our journals today that we will be sending you!

"The kids are so excited about this. Some are still wondering if they have to return then when they are done!"
Nope. These are their books to keep. I'm beginning to feel like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy all rolled into one.
_____

I got another note from Ms. Kapps today letting me know that all but two of the books have arrived:

"The kids were so excited to take them home. We created our journal covers on Friday and I am giving them until the second week of June to finish the books and turn in their journals. Some kids asked if they could finish over the weekend! I said of course!!!"
_____
Leslie

No comments: