I got home in time to grab a late dinner and a lot of shut-eye last Sunday evening. Monday was spent doing more laundry and exchanging warm weather clothes for those of the cool weather variety. The Divine Miss Marilyn has lived up to her "Traveling Companion" moniker, and joined me Tuesday morning for the trek to the furthest northerly part of Wisconsin I've been to so far.
While I missed most of the autumn colors...
... I'm still surrounded by woodsy goodness...
... and stubborn little blooming things...
... as far as the eye can see.
Livey has been spoiling Miss Marilyn most outrageously. She's had the egg salad and lasagna-laden poots to prove it, too! (Who knew a critter that small could generate a toxic miasma like that???)
Not only is Miss Marilyn enjoying the travel and tons of affection, she's got a shy new swain, too. Meet Sammy, also know as The Little Prince:
In addition, we've got another house mate. Meet Sadie (a/k/a The Little Princess).
The Divine Miss Marilyn has been surprisingly tolerant of Sadie. I, on the other hand, have taken full advantage of the comfort of a warm puppy lying across ice cold tootsies.
So... a good friend, affectionate critters, snuggle up in a blanket and read weather, good food and loads of relaxation.
Am I a lucky girl or what?
Don't forget to visit the Friday Ark. In addition:
- Carnival of the Cats which goes up every Sunday
- Weekend Cat Blogging which goes up every weekend
- The 122nd edition, 10/13-14, is up at What Did You Eat?
- The 123rd edition, 10/20-21, will be hosted by Tuxedo Gang Hideout
- Bad Kitty Cats Festival of Chaos which goes up every weekend
- The 14th edition, 10/14, is up at The Catboys Realm
- The 15th edition, 10/21, will be hosted by Pet's Garden blog
- Do go shout out at The Catbloggers Frappr Map