Leslie's Omnibus

Rubber-Necking

Did you ever do something so totally out of character that a whole bar full of people froze in shock? Yeah... I had one of those nights last night. Really, all I wanted to do was read my book, drink my glass of wine and wait for the next train home. Be the most boring person in the place.

Some people will not take "no" for an answer, however...

Anyhow, I'm not feeling apologetic at all. I probably should, but I don't. Stunned at my own behavior. But not even a little bit repentant. Who'd a thunk it?
_____
Leslie

4 comments:

El Capitan said...

So, did the guy walk funny with the wine glass shoved you-know-where??

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

hehehe! I love it! Guess that guy knows that no means no, now doesn't he?

Anonymous said...

"Who'd a thunk it?"

Anyone who's met you :-D

Maeve said...

Heh. I would say "Yes! In fact I just did that when I did a body shot off the maid of honnor at my brother's wedding".
Then it hit me, that REALLY isn't out of character for me.
That would run more along the lines of drinking ice water and saying the rosary.