Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Another silly quiz:











Omnibus Driver discovered time travel



Omnibus Driver is now selling the drug that allowed it for $1 million a pill


'What will your Headline be?' at QuizGalaxy.com

(A tip of the cap to LL, who moved her blog recently!)
_____

Egads! Even Chicago's finest aren't all that fond of Big Brother.
_____

For anyone out there who is struggling with depression and feels isolated and alone, go read this right now.

You are not alone, and you will be surprised at the support you get when you start being open about your struggle and the steps you are taking to regain control of your life.

How do I know?

My friends and family shocked and amazed me when I finally admitted I had a serious problem and sought help for it. I still struggle with panic attacks from time to time, but not nearly as much as I did for a while there. And one of the most healing things for both the depression and the anxiety was finding out that I wasn't alone -- or didn't have to be unless I chose to.

Many people were aware something was very wrong with me, but didn't know how to approach me to ask. Once I opened the floodgates of conversation, however, I got more support and love than I ever dared hope for.

There are a lot of bloggers out there who are publicly dealing depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and more. Moody Mama and Bloggo Chicago are probably two of my favorites, because they hold nothing back about their illnesses. Fearless -- just farookin' fearless -- ladies. (And Dooce. How in the world did I forget to include her?)

I doff my hat to Danny and Angie and Barb (and Heather) and anyone else who's willing to open themselves to honest self-examination, let alone share it with the rest of the world.

And if you're sitting at home feeling helpless and isolated -- pick up the phone and call your family doctor. Ask for a referral. Take those first steps back out of bleakness. If you don't like the first therapist, fire 'em and get another one. You can do it. I know you can.
_____
Leslie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right--when I'm feeling depressed, I have a tendency to isolate myself, even from my online friends. It's a struggle just to punch in the damn phone keys sometimes!

Maeve said...

Xanax was my best friend a few years back when I had a bought with anxiety attacks.
I don't get them as much any more now thank God.