Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Nothing could make me happier. Heh, heh, heh.
_____

Quote of the Day:
"If you're violating your standards faster than you can lower them, time to go away." -- Robin Williams
_____

Hmmmmmmmmm. Here's a nifty little tool for Eric when Denny's not around for a tune-up.

(A tip of the cap to Eric Zorn.)
_____

Finally, school systems across the country are sitting up and taking notice that not all kids want to be or should be on a college track. We need more skilled laborers -- especially in an economy when some college grads can't make much more than minimum wage with their bachelor's degrees alone. (In fact, I worked for one consulting firm that would require MBAs for candidates for entry level secretarial positions because there was such a glut on the market at the time. Disgusting.)

Offering the option of a good, solid vocational track in addition to a college prep track is just common sense.
_____

I can relate to this. In my own case, I'm blaming Prilosec. It's been wonderful for the acid reflux, but the side effects.... So. Not. Pretty. Just ask The Divine Miss Marilyn.
_____

You tell 'em, Sarge!

As for me, I believe we should steer as much business as possible toward Dunkin Donuts and Applebee's!

Boycott the boycott, okay?
_____

In another eduation-related matter, this stupid ass school superintendant who made and played a libelous videotape of district employees is now playing the "gay" card to protest the school district rescinding his contract extension. His sexual preference didn't get him in trouble -- his incredibly poor judgment did.

Personally, I think the district is far better off without this self-serving scum-sucker.
_____

I didn't realize that pedophilia could be treated in rehab. I don't care if he's gay. I don't care if he's a drunk or a druggie. I do care that he's got a thing for kids.
_____

Patterico posts Part II of his interview with the psychiatric nurse from Gitmo. Fascinating.
_____
Leslie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool guitar tuner!!! Passing that on to my eldest...

Anonymous said...

... thanks... trust me, I need all the help I can get...