Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

If I had one of each of these Jessica Kagan Cushman bracelets, I think I'd have all my dating bases covered -- and stylishly so.
_____

Parenting Done Right, Part I:
'I feel like if you’re going to embarrass me by stealing, I’m gonna show you what it’s like to be embarrassed.




'I work too hard for her to steal, and I’m not gonna have no thief living with me. I refuse to have a thief living with me.'
Right on, Ms. Walker!
_____

Quote of the Day:
"I think they should just call it what it is. Romance Novels for Twilight Fans. The end."
Scrumptious!
_____

Blogging, Facebook and Twitter are more than enough for me, but if you've caught the Pinterest bug, you might want to consider this:
When a Pinterest user euphemistically “pins” a “pin” on a “pinboard,” she’s really “copying” a “full-size photograph” to “Pinterest’s servers.” Needless to say, the bright spotlight of copyright law is harshly shining on Pinterest: even a cursory stroll through Pinterest’s various user pinboards reveals that the vast majority of pins are copyrighted works, not in the public domain, and not licensed under Creative Commons or a similar free-to-distribute regime.
If you're using Pinterest, I strongly urge you to read the whole post here.
_____

Parenting Done Right, Part II:
I have traveled with a 2-year-old dozens of times. It's not fun. However, if I was unable to control my child, I would absolutely expect to be booted off of the plane.

That's one of the problems with society. We expect everyone to make exceptions and to comply to our individual world. NO - there are rules, and there needs to be consideration for the other passengers. Get that tantrum throwing kid off my plane. Lackadaisical parents think everyone else should accommodate them and have more understanding. Call me cold and uncaring, but I've been there, and I work hard to make sure I don't impose my family on your world if you don't want them there, and I think others should too.

It all comes down to this: If you can't control your kid, avoid traveling until you think you have a handle on this whole parenting thing.
Rock on, Mom.
_____

Ear Worm of the Day:



Just try getting that one out of your head!
_____

Giggle of the Day:

 _____
Leslie

No comments: