So what were the top 10 snacking highlights of our road trips as we lounged in the "way back" of the wagon? (Nope -- no seat belts.)
In the cooler:
- The Princess Mom's oven-fried chicken, served cold for a picnic lunch.
- Home made potato salad, ditto.
- Regal Crown Sours sour cherry candies, purchased from a machine at an Indiana or Ohio tollway oasis -- the best sour candy ever. (And they don't make 'em any more. Wah!)
- Kraft Easy Cheese. 'Nuff said.
- Ritz Crackers.
- An economy-sized box of Cheez-Its.
- A big ol' gallon thermos jug of cherry Kool-Aid.
- Keebler Pecan Sandies. (A Darling Daddy fave.)
- Mother's Iced Oatmeal Cookies. (The Princess Mom loved 'em.)
- Ice cream cones from the restaurant at the HoJo hotel we always stayed at in or near Schenectady, NY. (Pistachio for me!)