Leslie's Omnibus

Drive-Bys

Joanie and Teresa are blogging about the oldest email in their possession.

I decided to peek through my archives and discovered this cartoon sent to me by the lovely and talented Nancy V. on August 5, 1999:

Yikes. Time to clean out the archives.
_____

Quote of the Day:
The dog froze in mid bowel movement and sucked the turd back into his ass.
I just love Hammer.
_____

Mamacita
is blogging about the most embarrassing thing she's ever survived.

That reminded me of the time I left my lakefront condo and walked three city blocks towards the Granville el stop before someone stopped and kindly informed me that the hem of my broomstick skirt was tucked into the elastic waistband and I'd been showing the world I'm a Hanes Her Way kind of gal.

Nope. Not one of my finer moments.
_____
Ald. Freddrenna Lyle (6th) said Thursday she joined her colleague, Ald. Helen Shiller (46th), in sandbagging the plastic bag ban at this week's City Council meeting because it would "criminalize legal conduct."
Pinch me.

I must be dreaming, because two Chicago aldermen actually did something that makes common sense.
_____

This is nothing but scare tactics to promote the new HPV vaccine. I don't believe the sample was representative at all.
_____

Two in honor of St. Patrick's Day:




You Are Guinness



You know beer well, and you'll only drink the best beers in the world.


Watered down beers disgust you, as do the people who drink them.


When you drink, you tend to become a bit of a know it all - especially about subjects you don't know well.


But your friends tolerate your drunken ways, because you introduce them to the best beers around.







You Are Teal Green



You are a one of a kind, original person. There's no one even close to being like you.


Expressive and creative, you have a knack for making the impossible possible.


While you are a bit offbeat, you don't scare people away with your quirks.


Your warm personality nicely counteracts and strange habits you may have.

Leslie

No comments: