Leslie's Omnibus

Busman's Holiday

Well. Guest bloggers appear to be pooping out on me, so...

Whoohoo! We finally have be-yoo-ti-ful weather.

Okay. I confess. I was naughty last night. Went to my favorite onboard bar and stayed out too late. (I'm in the middle of old people land. One in every 250 people on this ship are under the age of 55. Scarey.) Anway, the bars are dead by 11 p.m., but the bartenders and waiters are fabulous. (Pix to follow of Rueben, Romeo, Shy Sly, Alex and more.)

Anyway, got back to the cabin at... well... late. Opened the door to the balconey and... MAGIC! The air was warm and balmy, and the stars were magnificent. Saw Leo and Scorpio for the first time. Saw three new stars in Orion that I've never seen before. Gorgeous. Was very, very tempted to go up to the 15th deck, find a lounge chair, and sleep there... but... was worried that Mom would be frantic if I was AWOL in the morning. Left the balconey door opened to warm up the cabin, and headed off to the Land of Nod.

What in the heck is it with these blogging dreams lately? Good thing I don't sleep with a keyboard, or God knows what you'd find posted in the mornings...

Mom booted me out of bed at 6:30 a.m., as we had an 8:30 a.m. excursion today. Was able to catch a couple of lovely shots of the coast of Mexico before dawn. (Kevin, you are migrating me and showing me how to upload pictures as soon as I get back, right?) Grumble, grumble, grumble... but I got moving, and got us onto the transport to take us into Cabo San Lucas. We did a coastal tour bus excursion.

Did I complain earlier about 59 degree temps? Had to take it back today, as the temp climbed up into the nineties! Woot! (Got that expression from Kelley, and love it.) Cabo San Lucas is one of the cleanest places in Mexico, bar none. Pristine. Unfortunately, we spent only the time it took to drive straight through it to see it. Headed to San Juan de Los Cabos. On the way, stopped at a glass blowing factory. Fascinating stuff. (Next time I'm in Cost Plus World Market, I'll be buying some new glassware, as I've seen what the industry is doing for the local economy.) Second stop, San Juan de los Cabos. WOW! What a beautiful, laid back place. Did I say beautiful? Words are not enough. Stunning. Relaxing. Gorgeous. Ahem. Third stop was Cacti Mundi, a living museum with over 900 varieties of succulents, collected all over the Americas. Instead of showcasing each variety separately, there were (okay, I'm running out of superlative adjectives here) incredible landscaped gardens incorporating many different types of cacti (including the infamous blue agave, from whence Tequila is derived). Back on the bus and off to Giorgio's, a restaurant right on the water and directly across from where our ship was docked. Had a blast taking photos with the new camera and playing with all the whistles and bells incorporated therein. (Could have stayed at Giorgio's for a month and not gotten all the pictures I wanted.) Then, back to the Coral Princess with nap time for Mom. (We are on exactly the most aptly-named cruise line in the world.)

The Princess had a spa appointment to repair a nail (don't ask), then we were off for dinner. First really great meal since we've been on the ship (red snapper for me, steak for Mom). Mom headed back to the cabin, and I was once again off to join my bartender buds (the luscious Rueben and Romeo) at the Explorer's Bar. Tonight was "Princess Idol" karayoke night. Gack. Problem is, it's all OLD people on this cruise, and only a couple of people were singing. Finally signed up, and did a little song. Will wait and see if I have a star on my door in the morning...

In the meantime, it's "Drizzle, drizzle, drazzle, drome. Time for this one to come home." Nighty-night!
_____
Leslie

No comments: