Leslie's Omnibus

The Campaign Trail

Okay. So maybe the character issue isn't number one. But something's wrong when a candidate either can't remember his own actions... or outright lies about them. And for the life of me, I can't figure out which of those two options scares me more. I really believe Kerry is making a mistake by tossing around "facts" that are easily refutable.
_____

For the record, I'm none to happy with either presidential candidate right now. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social progressive. Can't someone come up with a third party that speaks to both of these things?

The GOP can pull out the stops with middle-leaning GOPs (Schwartzenegger, Giuliani, McCain) and cross-over Dems (Koch and Miller) as speakers, but the fact is that the candidates themselves lean far more to the right than that. As an undecided voter, I resent being pandered to when I know damn well that a bait-and-switch operation is going on right under my nose. And the Dems are scary because they're so far left they're pratically in outer space, and don't care who knows it.

Please, please, please can't I have a party of my own?
_____
Leslie

No comments: