I've got a lot of things to be thankful for these days:
- Mom just completed her first 6-week course of chemo with no really bad side effects. If her CAT scan (tomorrow) turns out well, she'll begin another 6-week course next week. And the first oncologist didn't think she'd last six months. HAH!
- I couldn't ask for a better brother, sister-in-law, nephew or niece. Period.
- Things are warming up with my sister. Patience does sometimes do the trick.
- Buckroo Bonsai (or "that Buck guy" as my friend Dick calls him) and I have gained quite a bit of traction in our relationship in the last couple of months. As you can imagine, traction is very important to an Omnibus Driver.
- Making the leap from one long email of jokes to actually blogging. A year ago I couldn't have told you what a blog was.
- A job I love, working for people I love. How many people do you know that can claim they've worked for the same guy since 1989?
- New friends.
- Old friends.
- Seeing places I've never been before.
- Being more at peace with myself than I've been in years.
If you're reading this, you, too, are a person I'm very greatful for.
Here's a big toot of the horn on the Omnibus to you all!