Leslie's Omnibus

Bus Fumes

Gah! I hate being sick. After four days in bed with the flu, you couldn't have kept me away from work for ANY reason. I am a lousy patient, so I don't inflict myself on anyone but the Divine Miss Marilyn when I'm sick. She's the only one who would put up with me in that state -- and she not only puts up with it, she loves it.

I did notice one thing over those four days. A cat's gravity increases in direct proportion to the amount of time it remains in the same position. That's how a five pound kitty turns into a fifteen pound dead weight in the space of about an hour. (Ask any cat owner, and they'll confirm this phenomenon.) How do they do that???
_____

Oh. My. Gawd. I just looked out the window, and it's snowing again. I may as well kiss my Kia goodbye until Spring rolls around. It's buried under about a foot of snow already -- not to mention what the snow plows pushed around it. Argh! I hate street parking.
_____

Will somebody remind me to never, Never, NEVER buy another Fern Michaels novel? Would that I could return Crown Jewel like I could any other unsatisfactory consumer product I know of. I mean, who else could sum up a screwed up family relationship and a stint in rehab in seven pages or less? Stupid names. Stupid, stock characters. Idiotic plot line. Writing even TMBCITW could improve on (and she's only 2-1/2). I want my $7.99 back. Right now.
_____

Yowza! Citizen Smash hits one right out of the park.
_____
Leslie

No comments: