(Yes, glasses are just another form of jewelry for me!)
Put this guy on the list for the 2010 Darwin Awards:
A British man died after poisoning himself with two spoonfuls of caffeine powder bought over the internet, local media reported Friday.Don't blame the manufacturer -- blame the idiot who didn't bother to read the dosage instructions.
Michael Lee Bedford, 23, from Mansfield, central England, was at a party in April when he swallowed caffeine powder that a friend bought online for £3.29 ($5.26), Nottingham Coroner’s Court heard Thursday.
He washed the powder down with an energy drink, and around 15 minutes later began sweating and vomiting blood. He later died at King’s Mill Hospital in Nottinghamshire, central England, the Nottingham Post reported.
Seems there's another candidate for the Darwins at the Palmer House Hilton, of all places:
Police said Duskey was sitting on the stair rail and attempting to slide down when she lost her balance. She fell from the mezzanine level to the basement level, police said. She landed on her back, police said.Oddly,
Alcohol did not appear to be a factor, police said._____